All card payments are processed securely through Paypal.
Please note we will only accept payments over the phone for printed sheet music and under no circumstances for instruments and accessories.
When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We reserve the right to decline any order placed. This term is included to protect us in the event that a mistake has been made in our pricing or we can no longer supply at the price quoted.
We aim to make things as simple as possible.
All UK mainland orders below £100.00 will be charged at our standard shipping rate of £3.50, above £100.00 shipping is free. We also offer a click and collect service.
Please note that we ONLY ship to the address to where your payment card is registered, or a verified Paypal address.
We will aim to dispatch orders within 24 hours up to 3 days (excluding weekends) usually via 1st class Royal Mail or 3rd party courier, however once an item is shipped we will not be held responsible for any delays or losses.
All orders are usually sent from our store, however in some cases orders may be sent directly to you from our suppliers.
If you are not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it for a refund or exchange within 14 days of delivery. Arranging a return couldn’t be easier:
Either call us on (+44) 029 2070 9982, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I ship my goods back to you?
We will provide you with a return address to ship your goods back.
You can, of course also return your goods to the store.
All goods must be returned in “as new condition”, including all accessories and original packaging. All shipping / carriage costs to be covered by the customer. We cannot accept liability for damage incurred in transit, so we advise using a recorded and insured courier.
For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns for goods that may have come into contact with the eyes, nose, ears or mouth, such as (but not limited to) microphones, headphones, mouth pieces, harmonicas or reeds, unless they are returned unopened in their original packaging. We also reserve the right to refuse any returns that have been registered with their manufacturer or where bundled software has been downloaded.
What happens next?
Once your return has arrived to us in pristine, re-saleable condition, we will be in touch with you to arrange the next step.
If you’ve requested an exchange, we will contact you to arrange the delivery of your new goods. If you’ve requested a refund, we will email you to confirm when your refund will be processed.
How long will my refund take?
Please allow up to 14 working days for refunds to be credited into your account, from the day after this item arrives with us. Refunds are usually processed within 5-7 working days.
What if my order arrives faulty or damaged?
If your goods arrive damaged or faulty, please let us know and we’ll get the problem resolved straight away. Please ensure that any damage is reported to us within 48 hours of receiving the goods, if possible please photograph the damage and email it to email@example.com We will then arrange a collection of your goods on a weekday convenient with you. You can either send your order back for an exchange or refund, or you even have the option to have your item swapped for a new one at your door!
My order has developed a fault after a few days, what can I do?
If your order develops a fault within the first month of use then please let us know.
We will do our best to help you troubleshoot the problem over the phone, but if the issue can’t be resolved we can arrange for the goods to be collected from you. If it’s easier, you can also drop the item off at the store.
Please ensure that all goods are packaged prior to the arrival of the courier as they only allow a 10 minute window for a collection. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over this, so please ensure that the goods are ready to go. Once we receive the goods, we will confirm the issue and get in touch with you to offer an exchange, credit or refund.
If no fault is found, the return will be treated as a 14 day return (providing this has been returned within 14 days of you receiving the item). If a courier has been arranged for a non-faulty item, we reserve the right to charge you a courier collection fee of £30.00. If faults have been incurred due to misuse or neglect, we reserve the right to refuse a return.
My order has developed a fault after a month, what can I do?
All new goods now come with a minimum one year warranty, which is provided by the manufacturer.
If you wish to return a faulty item under this warranty, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will supply you with a return address to ship your goods back. You can, of course, also return your goods in person in store.
Once the item is returned, it will be assessed by an expert and if possible repaired in-store. If this is not possible, the goods will be shipped back to the supplier for inspection and repair. It is not always possible to provide an ETA for warranty repairs however we do our best to obtain regular updates from the supplier, and will update you when we receive information on your repair.
In the majority of cases, goods returned under warranty will be repaired rather than replaced. Where a repair is not possible, we will arrange a replacement on a like-for-like basis.
If the purchased item was pre-owned, we provide the same warranty terms for 3 months after the date goods are received.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We are fully PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Systems Standard) compliant.
Penarth Music Centre is committed to protecting your privacy.
No information you provide to us is passed on to any other company (apart from that required for delivery, payment and insurance purposes, or to our suppliers for direct delivery from them to you). We use your information to enable us to fulfil your order and for our internal record keeping.
If you choose to use one of the Klarna payment options, in order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with .”
Penarth Music Centre does not share your personal information with any Third Party companies who will use your personal information for SPAM mails.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you have registered with us then your computer will store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit Penarth Music by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights
Instrument Rental Terms & Conditions
- This is strictly a rental transaction, and does not constitute a hire purchase agreement.
- During the rental period, the instrument remains the property of Pencerdd Ltd T/A Pencerdd Music.
- The customer must show 2 forms of identification including current address. Identification containing address details must be from the previous 3 months.
- The minimum rental period is 3 months, payable in advance, after which monthly payments will continue until the rental agreement is ended by the customer, which can be at any time by returning the instrument in good condition.
- No rental-payments will be refunded should the instrument be returned before the end of the initial 3 month period, or after a monthly payment due date.
- Please inform us by the 1st of the month (20 days notice) if you wish to cancel your agreement, otherwise your next monthly payment will be taken and is non-refundable. You must then return the instrument before the 20th.
- You must agree to us taking monthly payments by Direct Debit after the initial 3 months, and the direct debit will be set up within one week of the initial rental date, ideally before, if we email a link to set it up.
- Direct Debits are taken on the 20th of the month. The first debit may include any extra days up to the 20th and future payments will thereafter be the normal monthly amount.
- You must inform us of any changes to your details.
- The customer will take all reasonable steps to protect the instrument from loss or damage.
- If the instrument is returned in a damaged state, the customer must pay the cost of repair or the depreciation. Missing accessories must be replaced and paid for on return of the instrument.
- The Customer will advise Penarth Music Centre immediately in writing in the event of loss or damage, and will be held responsible for such loss or damage.
- Penarth Music Centre reserves the right to make a charge for repairs (currently £30.00 per hour), in the event of the instrument being mistreated or damaged (excluding normal wear and tear) Repairs or adjustments shall only be carried out by Penarth Music Centre, or appointed agent.
- If the customer defaults on any payments or fails to comply with these terms and conditions, Penarth Music Centre may terminate this agreement by giving written notice to the customer. In that event the instrument must be returned or purchased immediately.
- You must inform us at the end of the initial 3 month period and before the 4th month payment is paid by direct debit if you wish to choose option 2 and purchase the instrument, otherwise this agreement will continue with option 1.