Aulos 205A Descant Recorder Premium School Recorder
The Aulos 205A Descant recorder (also known as ‘Soprano’ recorders) are made of highly resilient ABS plastic and come in a variety of colours, fingerings and intonations. This model is our best selling recorder for schools and learners. Highly recommended beginner descant recorder in the key of C – universally approved by teachers and ideal for schools. Easy to play with a lovely clean tone and improved intonation due to curved windway design 3 piece instrument with dark brown body and ivory trim. Made from ABS plastic resin and supplied in a yellow corduroy bag, with string tie, fingering chart & cleaning rod.
Descant recorders are the most well-known models in the recorder family and are commonly used as first instruments in schools due to their relatively small finger spacing and ease of playing. They make for excellent ensemble instruments. Occupying the c” – d”” register, they are usually played as the highest voice in four-part ensembles.
Decant recorders use the most common fingering system – Baroque (English) fingering – unless otherwise noted.
Aulos Descant 205A Robin – Key Features
The #1 Choice for School Recorders
- Tone: Excellent response with strong, full sound throughout the register.
- Design: Three-piece. Curved windway – concave bell at the foot-joint. Patented AULOS “cavity wall” design.
- Colour: Dark Brown and Ivory (Yellow Bag).
- Suitable for: Classroom, ensemble, and solo playing.
- Register: c’’ – d’’’’
- Fingering: Baroque (English)
- Material: ABS resin
- Accessories: Yellow corduroy bag, fingering chart, thumb rest and cleaning rod.
- Length: 32.4cm